Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100) Quick Start Guide & User Manual

It is always useful to have access to the user manual and quick start guide for your device, please click either of the two icons below to be taken to the quick start guide or user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S II.

Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100) QUICK START GUIDE

image

Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100) User Manual

image

About Clove

A specialist provider of mobile technology products, including smartphones, tablets, wearables, connected home products, memory cards and associated accessories.

Telephone: 01202 552936
Fax: 01202 552937
Email: sales@clove.co.uk
Website: www.clove.co.uk

Comments

1. Thanks, guys; that saved a bit of googling! Good reading material while the battery’s charging up. (comeoncomeoncomeon…)

• I’m trying to find Frequently Asked Questions – how do you resend or forward a message? Basic I know, but can’t find any info in the manula and this is my first smart phone….
      Lynda

• Hi Lynda,

If you press and hold on the message that you want to resend/forward, you should have a window come up that gives you a list of options, including forward and copy message text.

2. Mike Paterson says:

You just wouldn’t imagine how appropriate and useful this blog arrived in my Inbox.
    Many thanks….

3. Kirsten says:

Didn’t find much here. Anyone khows how to download a picture sendt to my sms-inbox? I only got message that says size; 131 kB and that it is available til tomorrow at 20:20 o’clock… I dont know how to download..

• I am having the same issue. I can not open or download the forwards/funnies I am receiving by sms text. Did you ever find out how to do it?

Hi Cindy,

It is probably something to do with the MMS settings for your handset. Sometimes these need to be entered under the Access Point Names settings under the Mobile Networks settings. The access point names are different for each service provider.

4. Vincymate says:

Now how do we print the manual to an A4 sheet like on the full screen. So far we can only produce a magnifying glass grabbing print in the middle of the A4 sheet.

• When you go to print the document, there is a setting called ‘Page Scaling’, If you change this from ‘Shrink To Printable Area’ to ‘Fit To Printable Area’ you will have a larger print.

5. Arnt Evensen says:

I need to know if its possible to set password /pin code on the message inbox? Not only for opening the phone for use. It should be more privacy possibilities for a advanced phone like this. Hope someone have a clue :)

Best regards
    Arnt

6. Arnt Evensen says:

That password / pin code question is for this Samsung Galaxy GT-i9100 off course:)

• Not aware of a way of doing this…if a user can get past the lock screen then that is pretty impressive if you use a pin code….there may be an app for it but not aware of one

7. Tom Bryan says:

I’m trying to open the User Manual but keep getting the message
    “this file is damaged ” ?
    Help

• Hi Tom,

Thanks for pointing that out, it looks like there was a problem with the file. We have now amended the file and successfully tested it. Please try to open it again and let us know if you have any problems.

8. steve blackman says:

Help! My Galaxy II has 73 ownload in the upper left corner and I can’t cancel them, Everytime I try something one more is added…
    Tried flight mode… no background data. Tried internet,menu,but the cancel dwl doen not light up and can’t cancel… Help !

9. My observation with my unit, just bought a week ago, the battery easily drain out. Have you guys, any solution to this problem. Thanks.

• How quickly does the battery drain Jim? Do you have many features turned on, i.e. Wi-Fi, GPS, etc.?

• Thanks for the quick reply. I turned ON in just 1 hour. It drained up to 50% of it’s energy power. All the features were turn on. I observed also that when it is ON and hung on my bared chest the unit get’s hot easily. Please, help me. thanks.

• Having all features turned on will drain the battery quickly, but it should not be as soon as one hour. If it is also overheating it sounds like there may be a problem with the handset so it may need to be returned to Samsung.

10. hi,

I’m really struggling to get the right set up on my galaxy to send and receive e mails. Can anyone help please? My job relies on access to e mails (i’m a site joiner) and its a real worry now as i’ve just got home and looged on via pc and i’ve missed 3 e mails today. I always refresh every hour or so but it either says ‘not connected to server’ or just keeps refreshing with no action. I DO work in some out of the way places, but my old i phone never had this trouble. Can anyone tell me the correct settings I should have it on? When I bought it at Carphone Warehouse, he set it up for me. Have i touched something I shouldn’t? Many thanks

• Can you confirm if you are using a google/gmail account or another email service provider? Since initial set up have you removed or replaced the sim card at any time?

11. Hello Jon,

I’m using my hotmail account as provider, because I have my own company literature all tied in with it (website, logo, etc,etc). I’ve not replaced the sim card at any time to my knowledge.
    By the way, thanks for speedy reply.

• Mick

Do you have a data contract? Is there any reason why you wouldn’t have the email constantly syncing or is battery life the issue?

12. David Brown says:

My wife has a Galaxy S II and many of her photos taken with flash indoors have the eyes be silver like light comming from peoples eyes? Has anyone else had problems with this. Are there any work arounds. I beleive the LED flash is not tuned properly or is to bright. I hope Samsung comes out with a firmware update to fix the problem.

Thanks

Dave

• Not heard of this issue David, have you tried playing with the flash settings to see what results you get?

• johnatclove says:

Well if Samsung have acknowledged it as a problem then it may be the case that a fix is coming. We haven’t heard about this but it might be worth checking out XDA-Developers…if anyone has made a fix it will be them!

By playing with the flash, I did mean changing the flash from on to off or to fill flash or any other settings (don’t have a galaxy S II to check all options on flash).

• Mike Paterson says:

Jon,
        This is the one xda-devs are pointing users to:-

Mike

13. David Brown says:

Its like red eye but the eyes are silver and red eye programs don’t work. We bought the phone directly from Samsung here in Thailand and they have acknowledged the problem and hope there will be a firmware upgrade. It has to do with the LED flash. It is either too powerful or the duration of the light is not correct or both. I was hoping someone had a work around as my wife can use the camera only without the flash indoors.

Not sure what you are talking about flash settings. I haven’t seen anyway to adjust the flash settings it is either on or off or auto?

Thanks

Dave

14. Mike Paterson says:

David,
    Go to ‘White Balance’ and change it from Auto.
    The Auto WB causes issues, especially with the ‘Pink Spot’ as well.

Re your Flash ~ You are correct, you can not alter the flash properties.

Mike

15. i need help because when i receive the txt message in the phone they appear like the received ones on the top and mines at the end and i have to go up to read them and then go down to write my answer… how do i fix that?

• Sorry Kiaah I don’t understand the error that you are having, are you using the messaging app that comes with the Samsung Galaxy S 2 or an app from the Android market?

16. Hi does anyone know how to add sounds from my own memory card to the list ot ringtones so that I can choose my own sounds to be the default? Or are we limited to whatever came with the phone? Thanks!

17. Thanks, Wardy. I actually found the solution in the meantime. :-) There is something in the settings that I came across. I appreciate your suggestion though.

18. Vikas Manhas says:

I’m glad to have the user manual of samsung galaxy s ii as I didn’t get it in my box in hard copy.. It’ll be very useful to me. Hope to receive such useful things in future also.
    Thanks and regards.

19. Hi I accidently cosed my little andriod tutorial thingy that comes up once you start the phone. How do i find it in my phone or would i have to reset the whole thing?

• Hi Carlos,

There may be an option to launch it again from settings. Otherwise, the only details that are entered in the walkthrough are Wi-Fi settings, email account and social networking services. These can all be accessed from the settings menus.

20. hi…how can i get my FB to provide notifications that come in real time and let me know what it is ext? Thanks :)

21. how to play .flv file (flash player files) on my samsung galaxy-II.
    I faile to do so . i was under impression that it has adobe flash player 10.2 installed in it, it woud play .flv files

• It has Flash Player installed so it can play Flash content on websites, I’m not sure that it can play .flv files though.

22. Please! send me the user manual for samsung galaxy s II.thanx!!!

23. could somebody help me deactivate the delivery report on my text messaging. It’s driving me mad……….

• Hi Darren,

If you hit the menu key when in the messaging application, you should have a settings option that comes up. Go into settings and there should then be a box that you can untick to turn off delivery reports.

24. My Galaxy s has stopped taking photos and videos and now comes up with camera failed. Can anyone help
    Eileen

25. My galaxys’ headset and speaker stoped working. I can not hear the other person speaking. Did I turn of something by accident? Any suggestions?
    Thank you.

26. hey when my phone is put on auto rotation once i have rotated in the landscape mode it doesn’t come back to the portrait mode when i hold the phone in the portrait mode, i have to go back to the main screen to go back to the portrait mode, any suggestions please….

• Hi Keza,

Perhaps there is a problem with the accelerometer in the device. Does it happen with all apps or only certain ones?

27. In the bottom left hand corner of my screen there is a message saying SAFE MODE how do i get rid of this?

28. Chris Ward says:

Hi Russel,

Yes this should be possible. Try creating the sounds using an application called RingDroid. This is the workaround that I have used in the past to enable customs sounds/ringtones.

29. Hi,

I am trying to transfer music files over from my PC to my Samsung Galaxy S II micro SD card but the files are not showing up once the SD is inserted into my phone. Additionally, when i attempt to directly plug the phone into the PC via USB cable my PC will not recognize/acknowledge the storage device.

30. I have several hundred sent mail and trash in 2 email accounts. Does anyone know of a way to delete email trash and sent emails all at once, instead of one at a time.

31. When making calls, I can the ring time, but as soon as someone answers, I get very annoying vibration buzz. Can this be turned off somewhere?

32. does anyone know how to make it so, your phone is abel to send more than three pages of texts. .because once it goes past three pages it turns into a pxt. pls help?

There is usually a limit on the size of a message that can be text. If it is too long and becomes a larger file size, it will not be sent as a text.

33. Amr Hassanien says:

Hi Guys,
    Does any one know how to login to the Internet thru the galaxy s2 without having a WIFI or Data Packet ?
    Merely if I’ve an internet connection on my PC then how to obtain also the connections on my galaxy using the USB cable ?
    Kindly reply ASAP
    Best Regards

Cairo , Egypt.

34. How do i set a downloaded ring tone as a ringer or text message notifcation? I found the ringers that come with the phone but cant see how to use my downloads

35. Hello guys, thanks for this great blog and the helpful tips! cheers, Sue

36. my son has recently done to many dam pattern attemps on my phone so he could play games the only problem is i dont know my google account and i cant get into my phone could some please tell me how.what a waist of bloody money if i cant get back in.

37. how can i have a copy of USERS MANUAL ,can u please send me,when i bought it the its not included in the box.i want thru small CD.

• i accidentally erased all my pictures in my SAMSUNG GALAXY SII how can i retrieve it back. please help .

38. for some reason i cant send multimedia messages on my messaging app and itll say for a about a week it”ll say sending but it will never send

39. i have downloaded certain apps frm android market ……n now i want to knw where does the backup really gets saved…….other apps which are already available on my galaxy s + have back up in ‘my files’ option……but i cudnt find the backup of the downloaded files……….plz help…..

40. I’m developing an app that accesses the GPS and orientation sensors and sends data using GPRS. While in good 3G coverage it works fine, but on return from areas with no coverage, the GPRS fails to kick in. I’m using asynchronous http and monitoring the transmission success.
    On return to good coverage I can manually cycle the the GPS (off/on) which revives the GPRS. The icon “3G” changes to “H+” and packets are sent and received, but this is intended for unattended operation, so manual intervention is unavailable.
    The User manual doesn’t describe the 3G or H+ symbol, noting simply that the icons may differ depending on the service provider.
    My question is: Where can I get the specs that explain this behavior that might provide me with a way of stopping the GPRS radio from locking up like this?

• Hi,

Sounds like an interesting app that you’re developing. You might be able to find some answers over at XDA developers, they’re usually pretty good for that kind of thing.

41. How do you download photos/pictures from the web directly onto your phone? People have advised to hold the image for several seconds and wait for an additional menu to pop-up before saving the image. The only problem with that is that no menu actually pops up to let us save the image.

42. my gps isnt working on phone. any advice on how to get it working again?

Trackbacks

1. […] settings we are missing. I know my U.S. based S2 is a little different, but the instructions work.http://blog.clove.co.uk/2011/05/04/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-gt-i9100-quick-start-guide-user-manual/ On page 112, it says that we need to do the following steps to get the device to show up a […]