The successors to the S5 have been revealed.
We all knew it was coming but it was just a case of Samsung really confirming it for us.
Two different versions of the S6, the devices are almost identical in specification, with the exception of the Edge having a sloped edge to the display on the right and left side. This is very similar to the Note Edge, but now on both sides.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with full access to Google Play services
- Octa core processor for super fast performance
- 3GB of RAM
- 32, 64 and 128GB memory options
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on the front and back to resist scratches and impacts
- Made from aluminim and glass for a premium in hand feel and look
- 5.1″ Super AMOLED display with Quad HD resolution
- Edge version has angled screen that offers quick access to certain features and customisation options
- 16 megapixel rear camera with UHD (4K) video recording and optical image stabisation
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Qi wireless charging
- Fast charging with wired connector – Get 4 hours use from just 10 minutes of charge
- Available in a range of colours including Black, White and Gold
- MHL 3.0 for sharing content with a HD display
- 4G connectivity
- Fingerprint scanner
- and much more…….
Samsung introduce the two models in the following video.
When will they be available?
First stock is epxected to be available from week commencing 10th April. Precise launch dates and prices for each colour and memory variant are to be confirmed but around the 10th April is when we expect to see the first S6 and S6 Edge units begin shipping.
Can I pre-order?
At the moment you can only register your interest in the handset. We expect a pre-order campaign to begin later this month. Of course we will bring you news as this happens. In the meantime, if you want to be notified about either the S6 or S6 Edge, follow the appropriate link below.
Personalise with accessories
Both the S6 and Edge have an array of accessories available for them to protect and personalise your new smartphone.
From screen protectors to S-View cases and fabric wallets and even OtterBox Defender cases, you can view the full range of accessories on the following links.
See what the S6 and S6 Edge look like.
If you would like to read the full press release, please take a look below.