It might seem like some time ago, but back in October the Sony SmartWatch 2 was released.
A wrist-mounted companion for your mobile device, the Smartwatch 2 offered the following key features:
- Splash proof (Not suitable for, bathing, swimming, diving, snorkelling, or water-related work)
- Easy calling
- NFC capabilities
- Versatile accessory ideal for the active person
- Connects via Bluetooth to your compatible device
- Transmits key information from the mobile device to the SmartWatch without the need to touch the phone itself
- Can be clipped to clothing, bags or worn on the wrist
- More applications being developed at all times to give greater personalisation and functionality
At the time of launch, only Black Silicone and Black Metal options were available. Some 4 months on Sony announced a Silver Metal version of the SmartWatch 2 has now arrived.
There has been a delay from the original stock date of March, but the Silver version of the SmartWatch 2 can be purchased HERE. On the same page you an also view the new FIFA edition due to coincide with the 2014 World Cup in Rio this Summer.
If you want to see what it will look like and what it can do, here is our unboxing video recorded last year: