Gemini PDA Now In Stock: 4G £599 Wi-Fi £499
Since we first reported on it last year, the Gemini PDA has been quietly gathering speed. Initially conceived as a crowdfunded prototype on Indiegogo, this quirky clamshell has now been manufactured and is in the hands of early backers around the world.
One question we’ve been fielding from lots of people for over a year now is: “when are you going to start selling it!” Well, the answer to that question is NOW!
Planet Computers delivered our first retail stock of both the 4G Cellular model and Wi-Fi only version today.
We’ve shipped out to all our early bird customers and now have stock available for anyone who wants to place an order!
The cellular model is priced at £599 (£499.17 ex. VAT). The Wi-Fi unit will set you back £499 (£415.83 ex. VAT). We offer free shipping in the UK with DPD and have several international shipping options available.
Gemini PDA International Keyboard Options
We have ordered and are holding stock of the UK QWERTY models (with UK mains charger). These are now available for immediate dispatch.
Planet also offers several international keyboard options. Due to the logistics of manufacturing and distributing several keyboard layouts, it is not possible for us to obtain all of these. In addition to the standard UK QWERTY configuration, we can also offer:
- US Keyboard (with Japanese Power Plug)
- US Keyboard (with UK Power Plug)
- US Keyboard (with US Power Plug)
To order any of the 3 versions above, select the “Custom Keyboard” option on our product page. After the order is placed, please email us with your preferred layout. Please note that orders for any Gemini unit without a UK QWERTY may take longer to dispatch.
Should other keyboard layouts become available, we will list them within our product description. If you order any Gemini from us and would like to change the keyboard in the future, contact Planet Computers directly, as you may be able to purchase a replacement keyboard in your chosen layout.
Gemini PDA Key Features
- Dual-boot Android & Linux
- 5.99″ FHD (1080 x 2160) capacitive touch screen with 18:9 screen ratio
- MediaTek Helio deca-core (10-core) processor (2x 2.6GHz / 4x 2.0GHz / 4x 1.6GHz)
- ARM Mali T880 MP4 875 MHz GPU
- 4GB RAM / 64GB storage / microSD support
- Bluetooth / GPS
- 5 MP front (video-call) camera (no rear camera)
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (dual-band 2.4 / 5 GHz)
- Full mechanical QWERTY keyboard
- Sealed 4,220 mAh battery
- 2x USB Type-C / 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dedicated voice assistance button
- 171.4 x 79.25 x 15.1 mm