OnePlus 6 Due In Stock Next Week
OnePlus have now formally announced their newest flagship and we can all take stock of the new OnePlus 6. In true OnePlus tradition, the phone offers a premium specification and design at a cut price. There’s also the custom OxygenOS system running the show.
The combination of hardware and software makes for a lightning-quick phone. In fact, this is OnePlus’ big selling point. This year’s tagline is The Speed You Need and it really does make sense. You’ll be hard pushed to find anything that slows the OnePlus 6 down.
It’s not just performance that marks the OnePlus 6 as a flagship killer though. There’s also the 6.28″ active AMOLED display, which is bright, vibrant and power efficient. There is a notch – which will divide us forever more – although it can be disabled in the display settings.
Elsewhere, OnePlus have added Optical Image Stabilisation to the main camera. This is now a 16/20 MP dual array with the usual depth of field effects. A comprehensive editing suite also offers all manner of image and video post-processing tweaks.
OnePlus 6 is currently available from Clove in 64GB/6GB (Mirror Black), 128GB/6GB (Midnight Black) & 256GB/8GB (Midnight Black) models. More colours and configurations may be added in the future.
OnePlus 6 Key Features
- Oxygen OS based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 6.28″ 1080 x 2280 Full HD+ display at 19:9 ratio
- 2.7 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 16 / 20 MP dual main cameras with Sony lenses
- 16 MP selfie camera with f/2.0 for excellent low-light performance
- USB Type C – Charge faster and with more ease
- Fast charging – Get over 50% charge in just 30 minutes
- Fingerprint scanner – Protect your valuable data from unwanted access
- DUAL SIM – Run two phone numbers at the same time
- 3,300 mAh battery