Planet Computers Gemini PDA: January 2018 Update
Planet Computers have had a very successful showing at CES in Las Vegas this month.
Off the back of this, Planet Computer’s Indiegogo crowdfunding page has seen a surge of orders. This has meant that all of the initial manufacturing run through January has now been allocated to crowdfunding backers.
The downside for us at Clove is that we were expecting some of this stock for retail! Planet has now told us that a second manufacturing run is scheduled and it will be from this we will have retail stock.
This is due to be with us in April; a firmer date will be provided once the manufacturing window is locked in with the factory.
As soon as we have a firm date & a final retail price (RRP) we will open orders on the Clove website. Until then, we’ll keep you updated with developments.
Plus you can expect YouTube and blog coverage from us once our crowdfunded unit arrives (hopefully in a few weeks)
Gemini PDA hands-on at CES 2018
Images & video from Mr Mobile (Michael Fisher) – great coverage!
Gemini PDA Key Features
- Dual-boot Android & Linux
- 5.99″ FHD (1080 x 2160) capacitive touch screen with 18:9 screen ratio
- Full mechanical QWERTY keyboard
- MediaTek Helio deca-core (10-core) processor (2x 2.6GHz / 4x 2.0GHz / 4x 1.6GHz)
- ARM Mali T880 MP4 875 MHz GPU
- 4GB RAM / 64GB storage / microSD support
- Bluetooth / GPS
- 5 MP front (video-call) camera (no rear camera)
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi (dual-band 2.4 / 5 GHz)
- Sealed 4,220 mAh battery
- 2x USB Type-C / 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dedicated voice assistance button
- 171.4 x 79.25 x 15.1 mm
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- WCDMA 900 / 2100 MHz
- LTE Bands 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 12 / 17 / 20 / 41