BlackBerry Motion: £399 Due End October
The BlackBerry brand has seen a serious resurgence over the past year or so. It must be said that the switch to running the Android OS – albeit highly modified – was the start of this upturn. The BlackBerry Motion is the newest full touch smartphone available under the revitalised brand. We aim to have stock shipping by the end of this month.
Previous full touch BlackBerrys have been solid phones. The DTEK50 & 60, even with their awkward names, sold in decent numbers. Moving forward, the KEYone has been a resounding success, planting itself firmly as one of our bestsellers this year.
So on to the Motion. You won’t find the traditional physical keyboard of the KEYone. Make no mistake though, this is BlackBerry design through and through. The BB logo integrated into the front-mounted fingerprint sensor is stylish too.
BlackBerry’s on-screen keyboard has been one of the best available examples of how to get this tricky feature right. Ever since the BB OS10 powered Z10, BlackBerry have been showing the rest of the industry how to type on glass.
If you pick up a BlackBerry Motion, you’ll also be treated to Google’s Android security patches as soon as they are available. This is a promise that few other major manufacturers are able to keep up with.
The full BlackBerry security suite for Android is also present. This includes
Elsewhere the BlackBerry Motion is powered by the respectable Qualcomm 625 processor. This isn’t the fastest chip on the planet but it is incredibly efficient. Coupled with a 4,000 mAh battery, the Motion should keep even a power user up and running into a second day. This is complemented by the QuickCharge 3.0 compatible USB Type-C port.
BlackBerry Motion Key Features
- Android 7.1 OS with BlackBerry security enhancements
- 5.5” Full HD 1080p display with scratch-resistant DragonTrail glass
- 2.0 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625
- Front-mounted fingerprint sensor with BlackBerry logo
- Swipe navigation and gestures via the keyboard
- Programmable convenience key
- 32GB internal storage / 4 GB RAM
- MicroSD memory card slot
- 12MP phase-detection auto-focus rear camera with dual LED flash
- 8MP front camera with flash
- USB Type-C connector
- 4,000 mAh battery with Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0