Google Pixel 2 Announced: First stock due October 17th
Please be aware that stock is likely to be very limited and we have noted the expected arrival dates for each model, as per the official Google Play Store.
Google say that original Pixel managed to obtain 0.7% of market share. This, they admit, is a figure which could have been much higher had they manufactiured and distributed more effectively. This is a challenge they are willing to tackle with this next generation of phones.
The designs are similar to the original with glass shade on the back creating a two-tone effect. The body is all aluminium with a ‘hybrid coating’. Central rear mounted fingerprint sensor which should be the fastest and most accurate on the market.
The Pixel 2 features a 5″ Full HD always-on OLED display, while the Pixel 2 XL has a 6″ QHD+, always-on pOLED, 18:9 screen.
There are front-facing stereo speakers but no headphone jack. This does mean that the #donglelife comes to Google. Bluetooth 5.0 is supported.
We will have a full run down of the Google event available to read tomorrow.
Google Pixel 2 Key Features
- Ships with Android 8.0 Oreo – guaranteed system & security updates for 3 years
- Updated Google Assistant built in – intelligently responds to queries, searches and translation
- Best in class 12.2MP camera – Scored 98 by DxOMark
- Combined Optical & Software image stabilisation
- UNLIMITED Google Photos storage for photos and videos, even at full resolution (up to 4K video)
- 5.0″ Full HD OLED always-on screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Squeeze to launch Google Asisstant
- Fastest ever fingerprint sensor – securely lock and authorise online payments
- Front-facing stereo speakers
- Snapdragon 835 processor & 4GB RAM – top of the range 2017 performance
- 64 / 128 GB storage options