LG Q6 In Stock: £280
With both LG and Samsung using a similar design for their flagships, it’s clear that this year’s smartphone design trend is to get the bezels as thin as possible. Interestingly, both manufacturers opted for an elongated screen. LG went for an 18:9 ratio, which they dubbed FullVision. They’ve now decided to bring this feature down the range to the all-new LG Q6.
The unique screen ratio provides a number of interesting features to the LG software. For the Q6, LG are focusing on the camera applications. At 18:9 the screen can be split into two perfect squares. This allows for some special shooting modes to create collages or stitch together images as you shoot.
Other uses of the two-square interface can be found in system applications. You can run apps such as Calendar and Messaging in a pseudo split-screen mode. For instance you can have the current conversation thread in one square, with the full conversation list in the other.
The design is top-notch, with the screen retaining the rounded corners found on the larger G6. A machined aluminium body also helps set this apart from other mid-range products.
Elsewhere the LG Q6 boasts a pretty respectable mid range specification. The Snapdragon 435 processor is tried and tested at this tier. Coupled with 3GB of RAM it will provide a slick experience for the majority of users. Android 7.1 is running the show and LG’s custom UI offers a good level of customisation with its additional theme engine.
The camera is no slouch either. At 13MP, LG have included a 1/3″ sensor with 1.12 µm pixels, so the LG Q6 will go toe to toe with the best of the sub £300 bracket in low-light conditions.
LG Q6 Key Features
- Android 7.1 Nougat with LG UX & Themes
- 5.5″ Full HD (1,080 x 2,160) FullVision display with 18:9 (2:1) screen ratio
- Rounded screen corners with a total 78% screen-to-body ratio
- 13MP main rear camera with 1/3″ sensor size & 1.12 µm pixel size
- 5MP front-facing camera with 100° wide-angle lens
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 435 (1.4 GHz octa-core)
- 32GB storage / 3GB RAM / Micro SD (up to 256GB)
- 142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1 mm
- 3,000 mAh battery with Qualcomm® Quick Charge 3.0