BlackBerry KEYone How To Videos: Enable Type By Swiping
The BlackBerry KEYone, has had an excellent first few months with positive reviews and strong sales.
Popularised a few years ago by the app Swype, swipe typing has become commonplace. You’ll now find the technology integrated into many software keyboards both on Android and iOS.
But what about the physical keyboard on the KEYone? Well believe it or not, you can enable swipe typing here too. KEYone’s keyboard has an integrated touch panel so it can register you scrolling. This generally comes into use when scrolling through menus however can also be used to type.
The setting is part of the BlackBerry Keyboard settings, so you retain any of the data learned from your typing habits, including dictionary additions, suggested words and alternative settings.
BlackBerry KEYone – Enable Type By Swiping
This video, along with others, is available on the official BlackBerry Mobile YouTube channel. Included are a number of shorts that focus on key features of the BlackBerry KEYone.
Today we take a look at how to enable the swiping type method on the KEYone keyboard:
BlackBerry KEYone Main Features
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS, with guaranteed monthly security patches
- 4.5” scratch-resistant touch screen display
- 4-row QWERTY keyboard with integrated swipe navigation and touch gestures
- Fingerprint sensor embedded in space button
- Programmable convenience key (launch dedicated apps)
- 2 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 650 with excellent power efficiency
- 32GB internal storage / 3GB RAM
- MicroSD memory card slot
- 12MP main camera with Sony sensor, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) and large 1.55 micron pixels
- 8MP front camera with flash
- BlackBerry security software
- USB Type-C connector
- GPS / Dual band Wi-Fi / 4G LTE / Bluetooth 4.2