Moto Z2 Play Gold Now Shipping: £379 with FREE TurboPower Pack
Looking at parent company Lenovo, it’s a tactic which has worked well in the home computing and laptop market. Time will tell if this plan of action has the same results in mobile.
The Z2 Play approaches the higher tier of current smartphones but stops short of being a ‘flagship’ phone. We’ll have to wait until next month to get our hands on the Z2 proper in the UK.
Even without top of the range specs, the Z2 Play is still a powerful phone with a respectable power to price ratio.
As an added bonus, the phone plays well with Moto Mods. Remember those? Last year Moto introduced them to the Z range. The Mods platform was arguably the best mainstream attempt at cracking the modular accessories trend of last year.
It was seemingly successful enough for Moto to double down this year, ensuring last year’s tech is compatible and introducing a range of new Mods. To get you started, early orders of the Moto Z2 Play will get a 2,200 mAh Power Pack Mod bundled.
Motorola Moto Z2 Play Key Features
- 5.5” 1080p Super AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 626 processor / 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage / MicroSD card slot – never run out of space!
- 5.99 mm: super-thin chassis
- Android 7.1.1 – Stay up to date with the newest split screen and VR features
- USB Type-C connector, 3,000 mAh battery & Moto TurboPower (50% charge in 30 minutes)
- 16-megapixel camera – Take high quality pictures with laser autofocus and image stabilisation
- Use Moto Mods to enhance the phone’s features; connected by the power of magnets!