HTC U 11 Features: USonic
Just launched at the end of last week, the HTC U 11 is the latest flagship smartphone from HTC.
We’re covering all the main features in depth. If you missed it, you can read all about the new Edge Sense feature HERE.
With Edge Sense taking all the headlines, another system you might not see mentioned a lot is USonic. Now HTC have a lot of precedent for delivering high-quality audio on their phones.
They originally teamed up with Beats, long before they were sold to Apple, and have usually included a premium equaliser software or headphones in their flagship phones.
USonic software and earbuds
With USonic, hardware and software are married. The headphones included with your smartphone might not get more than a cursory glance from most. Yet with the HTC U 11, thay are an integral part of the USonic audio experience.
Not only are both the handset and earbuds Hi-Res audio compatible, they can also scan the insides of your ears. Yes you read that correctly! By pulsing sound waves out and listening to the echo – just like sonar – USonic creates a digital map of your inner ear. Just like a fingerprint, everyone’s ear canal is unique.
Using this data, USonic can though discreetly tailor outgoing audio to match your individual ears and create immersive sounsdscapes. Beyond this, there is also an advanced equaliser.
Finally, the earbuds include directional noise-cancelling microphones. These help blot out unwanted background noise and chatter, keeping you cocooned in your favourite tunes or podcasts without interruption.
Not interested in headphones? The the ever-present HTC Boomsound delivers top-notch volume and clarity through the dual front-facing speakers.
Originally for the previous HTC U handsets, the marketing video below briefly outlines USonic.
HTC U 11 Key Specifications
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat – The most recent Android OS with DayDream VR and split-screen apps
- HTC Sense environment with Themes to download and customise
- Edge Sense interaction – U Touch and squeeze to control
- Octa-core Snapdragon 835 – all-new power efficient 10nm architecture
- Display – 5.5” QHD (1440 x 2560) Super LCD 5 screen panel with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Large 3,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- 64GB internal flash memory and 4GB RAM
- Support for microSDXC cards up to 256 GB
- 12 MP main camera with HTC UltraPixel 3 & 1.55 micron pixels for amazing photographs: scored DxOMark 90
- Front Camera – 16MP with HTC UltraPixel mode
- 4K Video recording and 3D Audio with 360 degree microphones
- HTC USonic and Hi-Res Audio for high-fidelity personalised audio