Try Appkettle – remote control tea!
There’s a saying which is typically British in its humorous, cynical delivery. It’s used whenever someone mentions a new technology and is perfectly applicable to Appkettle:
“But can it make a cup of tea?”
I’m sure the joke’s been made at Appkettle HQ enough times to be banned. Still I had to mention it here! This really is new technology that can make you a cup of tea!
Well… almost. It will boil the water for you at least.
Developed in the UK, Appkettle is the culmination of several years’ research into integrated sensor app technologies. The result is a modern version of an appliance you’ll find in almost every British home.
Appkettle connects to your Wi-Fi network and is considered part of the ever-growing Internet of Things. Via an iOS or Android app, you can connect anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection.
You can then power the kettle on/off and set it to heat to a certain temperature between 60° & 100°C. Also included is the ability to schedule heating for specific times. Multiple users can be set up, each with their favourite settings.
The kettle also reports the stored water volume, so you know if it is nearly empty. This ties in to a safety mechanism to avoid heating when low, which can damage elements on standard kettles.
Lastly, Appkettle have just launched their new Amazon Alexa Skill. This makes it the first mass-market kettle to use voice commands!
Appkettle Key Features
- Internet-connected kettle – connect remotely wherever you have an Internet connection
- iOS & Android app support
- Amazon Alexa support for voice control
- Manufactured from premium materials
- Removable, stainless steel limescale filter
- Temperature selection from 60ºC to 100ºC
- LED temperature display
- Base controls for manual selections
- Wide spout & water level gauge
- Boil dry protection
Appkettle is compatible with many iOS and Android devices:
- iOS – 8.0 and above (iPhone 4s and later)
- Android – 3.1 (Honeycomb) and above, tablets and phones
Push notifications will work on all Smartwatches linked to compatible iOS and Android devices.
- Power: 2 – 2.4kW (UK / EU) / 220 – 240V / 50-60Hz
- Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n with WPA/WPA2 security
- Capacity: 1.7 litres / 57.5 US oz
- A11M5 Otter control unit
- CS75 Otter connector
- Temperature Units: ºC and ºF
- Volume Units: ml and fl oz – (reported in app only)
- Manual temperature selection on base and in app (60º – 100ºC)
- Volume control in app
- Brushed Stainless Steel, Chrome, Gloss PP, Glass.
- Removable stainless steel limescale filter
- LED display
- Glass window
- Wide Spout
- Water Level Gauge
- Boil Dry Protection
- Cordless to main base
- Mains cord storage in base
- Concealed element
- Keeps warm up to 30 minutes
Manufactured alongside world-class partners, Appkettle uses the highest quality premium metals and electronic components. This will ensure you can enjoy the smart features for years to come.
Appkettle will also continue to support and update the unit – as shown by the recent Alexa additions.