Budget Moto C Announced; shipping in June for just £89
A few years back I reviewed the original Moto G. At the time this provided incredible value for money; something I mentioned in the recent Moto G5 review. I also alluded to the Moto G range perhaps losing its way. No longer is it the serious budget must-have it once was, undercut by cheaper import brands.
Well the Moto C looks set to take that crown back. Redefining the budget phone for 2017, the basic Moto C is just £89. Of course at this price you don’t get much, although Moto are keen to stress you get the essentials.
The phone is due to launch in June in 3 colours: Starry Black, Metallic Cherry and Fine Gold. Pre-orders are now open at Clove Technology. We are awaiting pricing for the Moto C Plus, which will have a slight spec and price bump.
So what exactly do you get? Take a look at the list below:
Moto C Key Features
- Android 7.0. An up-to-date and modern system with access to countless social, productivity and entertainment apps.
- 5″ 480 x 854 IPS LCD screen. Well-sized with a moderate resolution to save on battery life.
- Quad-core 1.1GHz Processor. Mediatek MT6737 is a simple yet power-efficient modern system on a chip.
- 16 GB storage. Enough space to keep you ticking over and run several apps.
- Micro SD card slot. Use up to 32GB cards for additional media storage.
- Wi-Fi / GPS / 4G LTE. Modern connectivity options for location, mapping and Internet access.
- Removable 2,300 mAh battery. Slimline cell with enough storage to keep you running all day.
- 145.5 x 73.6 x 9 mm / 154 grams. Slim and lightweight.