Free Evernote Premium on the Note 3
One of the selling points of the Galaxy Note 3 that has not been heavily advertised is that it comes with a year’s worth of Evernote Premium, which would usually set you back around £35.
The Note 3 has been built with added integration for Evernote and any notes created within S Note can now be saved straight to the app. If you make use of the Note’s productivity features but do not use Evernote, you really must give it a try. It’s the kind of app that you need to use fully to benefit from, but it’s well worth it once you have taken the plunge.
How to get Premium
Our device did not receive the notification about the upgrade immediately; it came through about a week after we started using the handset. The notification did appear when we connected using 3G for the first time, although that could be coincidental.
It looks as though you may be able to force the update by going to ‘Explore Evernote’ at the bottom of the main menu within the app and then scrolling down to ‘Special Samsung Upgrade’ at the bottom of the next menu. This will then gift you 120 Evernote Points, which can be used to redeem a year’s Premium subscription. If you already have a premium subscription, the 12 free months will be added to the end of its expiry date.
Evernote Premium adds some great features to Evernote, including:
- More space for file uploads (1GB instead of 100MB on the free tier)
- The ability to search within PDFs and office documents attached to notes
- Sync notebooks for offline access
- Add a PIN lock to the mobile app
- PDF annotation in their companion app, Skitch
- View related notes on Evernote desktop apps
- Text to speech with companion reading app, Clearly
- Unlimited scanning of business cards with companion app, Hello