Check out the new Google Glass showreal
More POV footage of Google Glass in action
Since its announcement at Google I/O last year, details of Google Glass have been pretty scare. That’s changed today however, with Google updating its Glass page and releasing a video of Glass in action. The video is more than impressive, with a variety of use cases in some extravagant situations. The new information gives us a bit more insight into what Glass will offer and how it’s married with Google Now, although the gory technical details of its workings are still to be desired.
Here’s a quick look at some of the main details we know of Google Glass:
- Spoken commands, such as take a photo or record video, are initiated with ‘OK Glass’
- Conversations are two way in the sense that normal video calls are. A screen shot in the top right shows you the caller at the other end.
- A basic overlay of directions is provided when using Glass with navigation
- Translations and voice dictations are supported
- Going by the videos, the headset will be waterproof.
- Five different colours will be available initially: Charcoal, Tangerine, Shale, Cotton and Sky.
For more information, see the official Google Glass page. There’s also a good write-up over at SlashGear