Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini User Manual/User Guide

Find the answers to your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini questions with the user manual

Click the icon below to open the official Samsung Galaxy S III Mini user manual.

Click the icon below to open the Samsung Galaxy S3 quick start guide.

About Jon

Constantly challenging opinions and looking for new opportunities, Jon develops the product ranges and business activities and very much strives to maintaining growth and taking Clove in to the future.

Never knowing when to stop, he spends too much time in the office! He's very organised; writes lists, reports, spreadsheets, you name it, he's on to it!! When he does relax, however, he can be found driving his pride and joy (his Range Rover Sport), walking his Dog, down the pub or at a local restaurant. He does too like the finer things in life and often lives beyond his means, only the best hotels will do.

Comments

1. Freddie Johnson says:

I haven’t downloaded yet. I will comment once I have. I’m sure it will be ok as all samsung products are. Freddie

2. I’m having problems with playin music via usb into my car unit files wont load i keep getting N/A i dont have this problem with my galaxy Ace by the way i now have the Galaxy mini s3 can anyone help plz

3. I have the new Samsung S3 phone, How do I text a phone number from my contacts stored in my phone? I am asked from friends to send them a certain person number home or cellular?

• You can copy and past the number from a contact or add the contact as an attachment in the text message.

4. Can I set up a night time mode with the new Samsung S3 phone? I had a Blackberry Bold phone with this feature.

5. I just want to know how long to charge the battery for the first time. Thanks

• It is best to leave it for 12 hours or so at least. A good practice would be then to fully discharge the battery and repeats this 2 or 3 times and then proceed as normal.

6. Why won’t my S3 Mini charge up in my house but will charge anywhere else???

• Are you using the same mains adapter?

• Yes, the same charger being used for all areas !!

• Presumably other electrical outlets in your home are working fine?

• Yep, i’ve only tried it in sockets thati know are working.

• Well there is no logical explanation really then if the charger is working elsewhere. Seems odd. Try a different mains charger?

• I’ve since bought a new charger and it doesn’t work in my house either, though i haven’t tried it elsewhere yet. Definately seems weird and totally illogical. I’ve taken steps to get my phone replaced!! Thanks for your feedback, x

• This happened to me recently and I found out that removing the battery and then putting it back in worked. That’s what other sites said to do. In case this happens again or if you got another mini.

7. My ph went on talk now or something so and I don’t know how to shut it off I went in setting but half of them are missing don’t know how to turn it off its so annoying. Need help

8. i cant call out when i try it says call barrings are on what is that?

• Something in your settings is stopping you. Go to the Phone Dialler >Menu>Settings>Additional Settings>Call Barring>Voice Call and see if all outgoing calls is ticked. If so untick and this will solve the issue.

• My Samsung S3 Mini has suddenly started barring incoming and outgoing calls and texts. I have checked in settings and call barring is activated – I definitely did not turn this on. I cannot turn it off without a password. As nobody set a password in the first place, how can I find it to disable call barring?

9. I want to “disconnect” from Facebook when not using it. All of a sudden I am getting notifications every time someone “likes” or “comments” on something of mine on FB which tells me I’m constantly connected to Facebook?? A quick explanation would be appreciated!

Arlene

• In the facebook app, click the button in the top left corner (assuming you are using the latest version of the app), scroll down to account and then click log out.

10. hi can you help me, just got galaxy s3 mini, i have got all my contacts from my old phone on it, but the problem is i have 2 contacts for each person their phone number on one contact and then their facebook on another, and i wanted to know if you can put them together if that makes sense, (there phone number and facebook on one contact)

• On the S3 mini you certainly can put them together, it is called linking contacts. Not sure if you can do it on your old phone or whether you just plan to do it on the new one?!

11. I can’t download games or access the magazin play.

12. Must i do to remember my unlocking pattern.

13. my battery wont stay charged and in settings all is turned down but it says screen %40 as if it is on all the time i omly get 3 hrs from a full battery and when it has nearl ygone it says plug in and turn off task management as if something is still running but carnt find task management

• Is the battery in good condition, no defects etc? What happens when you charge it. Does it ever get to 100% or does it stay at 40%

14. Gema Padilla says:

I just bought my Galaxy S3 phone. I cannot find the icon for the key board. How can I get it?

15. I have just bought the S3 mini, on the home page i had the local weather showing at the top of the page, for some reason its not there anymore how can i get it back as its quite a useful feature in my job.
    Thanks Chris

• Press and hold and there will be an option for widgets. You are looking for a weather widget

• ah no weather widget, so dont understand why it was there and now its not

• Hi, my mum has also done this to her phone but we can’t find the weather widget on her phone is there anyway of getting it back?

• open the application list, click widgets at the top. Find the weather one, press and hold and drag to appropriate home screen.

• doh lol found it, thanks very much.

16. Hi.

I just bought the s3 mini and I have 2 questions.
    I want to add a picture to my contact and when i go to my gallery and select add picture to contact, it says that there are no contacts to find :( All my contacts are on the SIM from my previous phone. Is there a way to copy contacts from SIM to my phone and will that let me add pictures to my contacts?

I hope you understand my questions and that you can help me.

Best wishes from Slovenia :)

• Katja, You should be able to go into ‘contacts’ and from the settings show or copy the contacts across to your phone.

17. Just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. Have just downloaded whatsapp, but cannot find it in downloads or get it to appear on the screen. Did tap on install after downloading it, but cannot find it anywhere now.

18. how can i delete photos on s3 mini gallery- i even tried going on my apps- then my files, but it just shows me the photos without the option to remove. no use:(

• In the gallery when you the view the photo there should be a bin icon in the top right corner.

19. Hi! Just bought s3 mini, is there any settings that i can activate keypress vibrate when typing a message?

20. im sorry but there is no haptic feedback in mini

21. im sorry but there is no haptic feedback in mini.any other suggestion please

• is there anything within the keyboard settings. We do not have a device to hand to be able to check

22. Can only find keytap sounds.. Anyway thank you for trying to help.

23. Mike Galloway says:

How do I use my Galaxy s3 mini as a data modem on my computer?

• You have to connect it via USB or Bluetooth and then detect it and share it through the settings. It is not the simplest of processes.

24. Mike Galloway says:

I have saved all my contact details on my phone (not sim card). How do I make a backup of my contacts?

25. Hi Folks,
    I am unable to find how to add a word to my Samsung Galaxy III Mini when texting or emailing. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks in anticipation

• Samsung keyboards usually learn the words as you type. So type it, select that you want that word and it will learn it.

26. Hi there, how do i disable the camera snap sound? Thx

27. I keep getting an icon in the bar that l can only descride as an eye. What does this icon mean? If its spyware can you recommend a good anti spyware

• Sounds like smart stay which basically means the phone is detecting you looking at it so the screen stays on.

28. ho comprato un s3 mini all’accenzione c’erano le varie configurazioni, accaunt google, g mail, … io ho rimandato e sono andata avanti tanto posso farlo in seguito vero? poi mi ha chiesto chi è il propietario? inserisci nome, inserisci cognome, ti servirà per utilizzare alcune applicazioni …. io sono andata avanti anche qui, ora mi chiedo era una cosa importante? a cosa serviva? come faccio a far ricomparire questa opzione ed inserire nome e cognome? ho paura sia una cosa importante ed io non l’ho fatto, spero si possa rifare….. HELP!!!!

• The name is not that important. You can add accounts etc from the settings menu.

Numele nu este așa de important. Puteți adăuga conturi, etc din meniul de setări.

• ma se volessi metterlo il nome proprietario come potrei farlo? perchè nelle impostazioni dice che il telefono non ha un amministratore, può aiutarmi?

• We think you need to reset the phone to do this.
          Credem că trebuie să resetați telefonul pentru a face acest

29. How do you assign photographs to your contacts? I can only assign a photograph to myself. When I try to do it with other contacts the box doesn’t come up with the option to add an image or take a picture?

Thankk you for your time!

• There should be an option when you edit the contact or if you tap on the missing photo of their face.

30. I have a S3 mini, and for some reason when i click onto the gallery app only about 5 folders come up and the rest say loading….. then the app closes by itself…
    Most of the picures are sitting on my SD card, as were my tunes which i can no longer access as ringtones and seem to have dissappeared..
    I have lookd at the SD card and it is securely in place and have even removed it and re-located it…
    Any help??

31. Is there a way to load a picture from an email into the “gallery” on the phone?

• Save the picture from the email and it can then be stored in your gallery.

• Cory Zavoskey says:

How to save? Only 4 options for saving photo from email and I don’t want any of them. First my Samsung Galaxy S3 says I have to overwrite the photo; then picture opens. Options are #1 Set As: Contact photo, Home screen, Lock screen or Home and lock screens or #2 Scan for nearby devices. Please help.

• If you go into the applications list and to something called download you may find your images. Hope this helps.

• Cory Zavoskey says:

In apps/downloads when I open the picture, I get r options to set photo as: contact photo, home screen, lock screen or home & lock screen. I do not see an option to move it to my Gallery. It’s tough being a neophyte. Thanks in advance for your help.

• You can use the file manager to navigate to the folder they are stored in and then cut and paste them into the gallery folder. There is likely to be within the file manager a ‘downloads’ folder and you will see the images in here. Cut them and then paste them into the ‘DCIM’ folder and then they should appear in your gallery.

32. Do you know if the s3 mini will vibrate while touching the screen? There is nothing in settings or sounds forth is, I have looked on Internet and can’t find anything either…. Help!!!

33. Ian coulson says:

I have bought the galaxy samsung3 mini. There is no indication on the email icon that an email has arrived. There is an alert sound. Can this be turned on so it indicates an email has arrived- and how do I do it?

34. I have s3 mini but everytime i download movies i want to store it directly to my memory card, what will i do?

35. Hi, I cant access the internet when i am out of the house and dont have wifi connection.
    Can you help please?

36. Ferne Harasimiw says:

Window limit reached. What are they and how to close them? I can’t get into anything. Have been stuck for months, cause I can’t get into a msnual. And where are my bookmarks? Thank you.

37. hey,
    I just bought S III mini, several games are disappearing when downloaded , eventually they do not appear neither on the phone or even on Play Store !! Also what about application not compatible with my version of phone?
    10x

• It sounds like these games may have compatibility issues but in that case you should not be able to download them in the first place.

38. si può impostare una suoneria diversa per un singolo contatto? non riesco a trovare questa opzione, come si fa ad aggiungere una suoneria ad un contatto?

• You should be able to go into each contact and within the contact assign a ringtone.

Dovreste essere in grado di entrare in ogni contatto ed entro il contatto assegnare una suoneria

39. How do I get out of the “talk” options on the set up.

40. I have a Galaxy S3. A black, blank screen and I can’t get anything to show up. I’ve turned it on and off, etc. but do not get any picture.

41. I have no voicemail number assigned to my Sim card, how do I get one?

• Voicemail is normally catered for by your network provider, for instance on Vodafone UK it is 121. I would recommend contacting your network provider for this issue

42. How do I add images on my phone book contacts?

• The contacts information starts on page 48 of the manual.
      Imported contacts will use the image from the social network they were imported from (Facebook, Google+ etc.).
      When creating a new contact, click on the profile picture space to add a picture.
      To edit an existing contact, slect the contact then press the pencil icon. You can change the image from the following options

43. All calls going out showing restricted, how do I change that…Galaxy s 3?

44. How can I clear Google search Screen, it was inadvetably keyed in Search for pp and is coming up with alsorts, I need to clear history. I am new to this mobile World, and really getting lost in modern Tech. Can you please help this thick OLD OAP.

• Dave,
      Do you mean your web browsing history entirely or just the words you typed into the Google search bar? Completing a new search with give new results.

• The phone is only four days old, trying to get round things, and I guess fingers got too busy, the Google Search took over, I was not even attempting to brouse and I cannot delete or cancel google searches, or cancel all searches, each time I go to searches it kicks off again. All did was type pp in the search bar, and it just will not clear, even talked to the poor thing, temted to use a couple of swear words, that may help. Old Dave.

45. My phone says the network is unavailable to make calls or send and receive emails. The sim card is working so I must haveblocked the connection some how. The blocking light is off so thats not the problem.

Please help

Kevin

46. I have facebook pictures on all of my contacts but the pictures aint showing when i get a text or when they call. How do i fix this?

47. I have just bought the galaxy mini s3 but dissapointed as there is no instructions how to use the phone, I am not sure whether the battery is charging as i have a dock with a charger in situ, cannot determine if it is charging or what to look for, think for new comers would be a good idea to enclose a user guide, we are not all frequent mobile users that can immediatly know how one uses this phone, looking on web has a video of this phone but can hardly print that out ….help..

• Barbara, If the battery is charging there will be a little icon within the battery at the top of the screen. You can also go into the settings and battery settings and it will show you if it is charging. You could always print of this manual as a way of helping you.

48. How do I disable some of the applications on My Galaxy mini to preserve the battery. It keeps draining even when am not using it for anything. Thanx in advance

49. come faccio a eliminare un dispositivo dalla lista bluetooth su s3 mini? se vado su gestisci applicazioni /tutte/bluetooth/memoria e clicco su cancella dati che succede? …. help ….

• You need to go into the bluetooth settings and next do the device name should be a settings cog icon and the option to delete the device.
      Hai bisogno di andare nelle impostazioni bluetooth e accanto il nome del dispositivo non dovrebbe essere un ingranaggio impostazioni icona e l’opzione per eliminare il dispositivo.

• nell’icona ingranaggio impostazioni, non c’è l’opzione elimina, ma solo rinnomina e dissocia, e se si sceglie dissocia il dispositivo compare sempre, non sapete un’ altro metodo?

50. i just bought samsung galaxy s3 mini, and i charged it until it full (only 3 hours not 14 hours as you wrote above) and it is ok for the phone? cause it only took 3 hours to reached 100%.

another problem is the battery drain so fast. . my data, gps, wifi and those things were off when i’m not using it. i even set the power saving on. thanks.

51. Samsung S3 ini -How do I disable audible notification for emails…driving me daft!!

• You should be able to go into the settings of the email application or sounds and notifications in the settings for the phone.

52. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini and email is retrieved successfully. However even though I delete it, it downloads the emails each time I sync. How can I stop this, have read the manual but it doesn’t explain?

• You need to go into the settings probably on your computer or through your internet provider to say that when you delete them on your phone delete them from your mailbox as well.

53. Can I print out my text messages from my samsung, either directly or through a third party app available for androids. I use phone view on my Iphone to do this?
    The manual looks good, I have put it on my reading list. thanks for taking the time to explain some of the functions which one has to explore in order to find out more about this magnificent phone.

• SMS Backup+ is a good app that syncs text messages to your gmail account and you can view them like an email from within gmail.

54. my S3 mini notification panel has stopped working on the home page ie it will not drag down/open .
    how can i get it back / enable it as its a pain without it

• Have you tried re-starting the phone? Did you do anything that you think might have caused it to stop working?

55. Hy i have samsung galaxy s3 mini its a good phn but when i want to play a video,song any thing n youtube its take souch time plz help what can i do

56. Vicki Hanson says:

Two probs. First a lot of my photo’s & video’s have just dissappeared. I did clear the album cache but surely this shouldn’t have just deleted pics. Also I can no longer download pics etc from internet. I keep getting download unsuccessful. This has been for last couple days.

57. On mobile data sir

• We think it is your mobile data speeds. They are probably slow and mean it takes a long time to load the data to play the video. If you have a G or an E above the signal bar then your connection is slow. If you have a 3G or H then it is faster.

58. Vicki Hanson says:

No I have over 4 gb of memory left

59. Vicki Hanson says:

I’ve found pics & songs in the my file section ( not all pics) but can’t get them to show in gallery or music section. I have loads of memory left but still can’t down load pics from net. Can install games though.

60. i just bought samsung s3 mini and using it for 3 days now,,and there have a problem everytime i watch movie on google and search a long time my phone is keep turning off and sometimes its hang for so long, and i ask the store where i buy it for a replacement but they did not change my phone they only change my battery and i still have the same problem now,,i lose the reciept from the store and they said they wount change my phone if i wount find my reciept

61. Yap i got G r H but also its very slow so what should i do sir help me in t his matr plz

62. How do I clear the ram… phone is going a little slow.

63. Hi – just got my samsung S3 mini – am trying to set up my my email accounts and cannot do it automatically (comes back saying user name or password incorrect but they’re not) and don”t know how to do it manually. I’ve downloaded the app for my yahoo one so can access that but want to put my o2.co.uk account and another my son’s gmail????

• Susie,

Within the email application there should be an option to manually input the settings. You will need to find out the correct server addresses for these accounts (a quick Google search will help with this).

64. how do you turn off camera shutter sound in s3 mini? there are no options in the camera settings for this. the only way to keep it silent is to put the phone on mute. is there any other way than this?

65. On my Samsung 3 I keep getting notified about old emails which I subsequently delete from the phone but still keep getting them.

Any ideas please

• Robert, It sounds like although you delete them on the phone they are not being deleted on the email server so every time you re-download the old ones are coming back. You need to go into the setting on your phone and into your email providers settings and ensure it sis selected that when emails are deleted on the phone they are deleted on the email server too.

66. How do I print from my new Galaxy S III mini?

67. I have bought siii mini few days back. I need to know how long the battery will run after charging. I am not using phone for long time for wifi, games, movies or mp3 but whenever I check my battery percentage it is getting down. I clear my ram time to time and don’t keep any application open. Still I need to charge everyday.

• Taher,

It is quite likely that you will need to charge every day. If you are a light user then it may last 2 days Make sure connections like Bluetooth and WiFi are switched off if you do not need them.

• Thanks clove. I am making sure Bluetooth and wifi switched off after I use. Hardly I use my mobile for an hour and don’t play games everyday and I use wifi sometimes but not daily. But still I don’t understand why do I need to charge it everyday when I am not using much.

68. Hi, I have a Samsung S3 mini and it won’t open texts that have to be downloaded. I press the download button on the text and it appears to start downloading, it then just stops. I have checked the gallery incase the downloaded pics are there but so far I can’t get these messages. Thanks

69. Kevin O Neill says:

Just got my Samsung Galaxy SIII mini a few days ago and there is an icon appearing in the top left corner of the screen. User manual says it means; error occurred or caution required? Just wonder why this icon is appearing and does it mean anything bad? thanks

• Kevin, Try restarting the phone and see it if goes away. Is there any more information on the device to explain the fault.

70. New phone Galaxy S3 mini, well two weeks ogo, and having problems deleting emails on it, went back to Carphone Warehouse three staff could not figure out why the deleted mails returned, Geeks informed but they seem to be in a quandary, ideas yes! But no real solutions, it seems this is not a rare problem. My ISP is BT / Yahoo, they seem to thing there may be an issue there, Bt are no way helpful at the moment. Any ideas?

• It sounds like although you delete them on the phone they are not being deleted on the email server so every time you re-download the old ones are coming back. You need to go into the setting on your phone and into your email providers settings (on the web) and ensure it is selected that when emails are deleted on the phone they are deleted on the email server too. Let us know how you get on.

71. Thanks i got it sorted, it was a warning that one of my apps had failed, thanks. I have one other problem. While i had my phone in my pocket today, i accidentally turned on which i presume is some sort of setting in the phone. now there is a small thin bar running across the top of the screen. In the bar it has numbers with letters eg. dy, dx. and when i use the touch screen to navigate a small bubble appers where i place my finger and lines appear in the pattern of which i moved.. i cant seem to get rid of this, can u help? thanks

• Not sure what this is without seeing a picture.

Have you tried removing the battery and restarting the device?

72. Hello
    I took photos with the camera app and the next day couldnt find them in the picture files . Where are they gone ?

73. My Samsung S3 …Coudnt able to down google apps software through wifi…But i can download the same apps in mobile data internet. Can any one help me pls. :)

74. does the samsung galaxy s3 grand and the s3 mini use the same charger?

75. James Appleby says:

Good Day,

I have downloaded every over and over re-loaded different Kies files and got alot of photos and will not allow me to load all photos onto the PC, help help !!!! Clients moaning !!!!

76. I have the galaxy s3 and i want to put someof my apps over to my storage card to fee up storage on my phone. How do i save them or transfer to my sd card?

• There is the option within each app. Go into the settings menu>applications, select the app you want and it should tell you if you can move it.

77. Is there any way to add in emoticons – not the androids? Just got my S3 mini and am missing some old features from BB!

Thanks

• The Androids are the default. There are all sorts of free and paid for applications on Google Play that can change or add emoticons and keyboard styles to your S3 Mini. I suggest searching a few keywords on Google Play and seeing what you find!

78. Catherine says:

Hi, I have a S3 mini. In my emails I don’t want to see all of them so have it set to just show 25. I have a problme with emails that I have read but don’t want to delete. When I recieve new emails they obviously drop below the 25 shown. If I delete one of the new emails the old ones appear again but say they are unread! It is really frustrating as it always shows I have loads more emails to read than I really have. Is there a soltion for it??

One other problme I have is that I have realplayer on my computer which I connect my phone through for music, sometimes my phone shows but not others, When I looked into it it says it could be becuase I hadn’t mounted my SD card, though I can’t find out how to mount the card?

thanks

79. Samantha says:

I charged my battery up fully but the charge has all gone within 12 hours, even when I have not used the phone. Charged it last night before going to bed and woke this morning and the charge had been used??!! Any ideas as to why this is happening please.

Also how do I find the task manager. I hold down the homepage key but the task manager isn’t there!!

80. My S3 touchpad stopped working yesterday! Suddenly tonight it worked and again have stopped functioning! Is there anything I can do to rectify this without replacing the touchpad?? I went jogging with the phone and it might be it got sweaty?? Besides that I cant think of any other reason why its not functioning. PLS HELP! Tx

• You could give it a couple of days to dry out and see if any sweat that may have got in the phone dried out. it would have to be repaired otherwise.

81. I have a new Mini SG3 it drains so fast. I tried lowering the brightness, Bluetooth off, except for Wifi. Please advise.

82. If it’s fully charged to 100%, within 3 hours without using, it discharge 40%.

83. My Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini keeps deleting my contacts. How do I stop this? Also when I edit a contact it says it can’t make the changes and when I intentionally delete a contact it stays there even though it says it will be deleted!

• Rebecca, This sounds very odd. Have you tried resetting the phone?

• I think it was because I popped out the small SIM card instead of leaving it a whole big one. When I realised I wasn’t meant to do that I carefully cellotaped the small one back into the big one. Seemed to work up until now but bought a new SIM today and has solved the problem so was obviously that, thanks!

84. Do you know how to turn on the kepress vibrate when typing a message?

• Emma, go into the settings on the S3 mini and find sound, and tick the box for haptic feedback.

85. The volume has gone on my phone, it doesn’t ring or bleep when I get a text anymore, it’s on sound mode and the volume level is turned right up, had it a week and was fine until this morning!

86. Hello! I am trying to set photos to my contacts, when I click on the photo & select ‘Set as Contact Icon’, the contact list comes up blank, even though I have lots of contacts on my SIM card. Please could you let me know how to resolve this? Thank you!

• What happens if you go into the contact then edit the contact and try to take a picture?

87. If I go into the contact & press edit, it only gives me the option of changing the name or number. If I touch the ‘face’ nothing happens. Although I can seem to add a photo to ‘ME’ at the top of the list by touching the face!

88. A-ha!! I have worked it out, it is because the contacts were on my SIM card & not the phone. The options are coming up now I have imported them :)

89. My s3 mini turns off after a certain amount of time of inactivity, any idea how I can turn this off?

• Grant, when you say turns off, is that the phone completely or just the screen? Presumably there is plenty of battery power?

90. hello, i just bought s2 mini 2 days ago. i don’t know what happen, but there’s no sound at all. in music in video, all of them. even the vibate its gone too. when im talking to someone, i cant hear them and they can’t hear me. i try to restart it, off, take off all the battery and sim and sd card.the sound is on, the volume is up, still not working. , what should i do. helpp.. thank u so much

91. i mean s3 mini..

92. i want to download songs, videos, pictures on s3 mini but i cannot find any download option in it. can u please help 2 to find out and do normal downloads?

93. Hi, Hope you can assist me, recently everyone is complaining that they can not hear me on my Samsung S3 mini, I never had a problem before.
    Can you advise me what to do?

94. Shelley Presley says:

How do I change the settings in my contacts to search for first name and not last name

• If you are within contact the search should automatically search through both the first and last name.

95. Hello.
    I bought the Galaxy S3 Mini yesterday, expecting it to have all of the useful features that my old Galaxy Ace had
    Not much to expect, right
    Well so far there’s a bunch of stuff I can’t find
    One big advantage was that I could activate and disactivate the predictive text function without leaving the text in question, on my three by four keyboard.
    Now it obliges me go into settings each time, wasting lots of time and concentration, or is there something I’m missing?

96. hi my contacts keep disappearing from my list. they are somewhere on the phone, cos if i manually type the number in the contact details magically appear! any ideas?
    thanks

• Look in the settings within the contacts app and see if the contact are set to display. You can hide contacts stored on the SIM card for example and this may be why they are not appearing.

97. before in my sumsung galaxy mini s3 phone there is message icon in home page…but its deleted …how can i get it back

• Open up the list of apps on your phone. Press and hold on ‘messaging’ and you can then drag it onto your home screen.

98. how to i get deleted sms icon on home page in sumsung galaxy mini s3

99. Just wondering if there is a quicker way to close applications than going to Settings-Applications and then stopping them from there? Also, I use GMail through my phone to read emails but when I then log in on the computer, the emails I read on my phone appear unread. How can I change the setting so if I read/delete from my phone, it reflects this when I next log in via computer. I was able to change the setting in my old Samsung Wave but not sure where to find it on the SIII mini. Thanks :)

• If you press and hold the home key you should get a list of open apps. Swipe them off the screen to close them.

Go into the settings for Gmail on the PC and check the configuration for mobile and on go to the settings on the Gmail app on the phone and check these are as you would like. You may also want to check how often your phone is syncing the accounts. As if it is syncing every hour there will be a lag between the two.

100. there is no message icon

101. i dnt knw where it has gone…pls help me

• It must be there unless you have gone into applications and deleted it?!

Try going into a contact and selecting the option to send SMS what happens?

102. how to connect sumsung mini S3 to pc………..

• Hello Ayifa, the standard microUSB – USB cable included with the Galaxy S3 Mini should be all you need to connect to a PC

103. Hi, I have a Samsung galaxy s3 mini and it was on charge all night but it won’t turn on. It vibrates as it usually does before it turns on but it won’t turn on. I’ve had my phone for a while now (since it came out) and I’m getting really annoyed with it.
    Thanks,
    Laura

• Hi Laura, sorry to hear you are having problems with your S3 Mini. Was the device purchased from ourselves? If so then you can send an email through to sales@clove.co.uk and the returns department will get back to you soon.
      If not then then it sounds like your device could do with an inspection and probably a repair by Samsung. You should be able to book a repair through the network provider that sold you the handset or if it was purchased SIM free by contacting the retailer or going directly to Samsung by calling 01932 454358.
      You may want to try a few things first such as removing and replacing the battery, and also holding the power button down for a good few seconds whilst the battery is removed (power drain / discharge) to see if these have any effect.

104. Hi, I have Galaxy S3 mini from couple of days and I’m still wondering if there is LED light or some other kind of light for notifications?
    Thanks.

Hi Nadia,

There is not an LED notification light for the S3 Mini. An app that you may find useful is NoLED, which displays a coloured icon on your lock screen for various message alerts. Click here to view the app on the Play Store

105. Hello,

i have the Samsung Galaxy s3 and it won’t allow me to send videos by e-mail or upload via facebook? what do i need to do?

Also how do i set my alarm so that it goes off in the morning whilst my phone is switched off, it seems i have to keep my phone on all night in order for my alarm to go off? :S

• Khush, Presumably you have a connection to the internet and it is still not uploading.

You can not set the alarm to go off when the phone it switched off.

106. charlie says:

Hi
    I have just got my two new galaxy S III mini phones for my partner and myself but we are not able to set up the voicemail service properly. We have gone through the 222 service but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. It will detect a missed call but won’t connect to voicemail.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• Charlie, go into the phone settings and click the menu then go into call settings and there should be the option to configure the voicemail.

107. Chabs Esguerra says:

Hi! I just got my Samsung S3 mini last week. After a few days of running smoothly, the phone is now resetting on its own or sometimes it just turns off by itself. Can you suggest what to do? Should I restore factory settings or should I have it checked first with the telco where I bought the phone? Thanks!

108. Jonathan says:

Hello,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 a few months ago.
    I am in Toronto, Canada.
    2 days ago I finally connected my Mac Book Pro to my Samsung to transfer music from iTunes using Easy Phone Sync. I stupidly clicked the box which said “transfer previous text messages from other device”. All my text messages went onto my Samsung device. Not a big deal but my girlfriend’s text contact has imported all the photos we shared over text messages and is now so slow I cannot text her. I have tried to delete them but they keep coming back; they won’t die. And it is taking minimum of 60 sec per picture to delete!
    Please Help!
    My phone feels like it got syrup in its working parts.

Hi Jonathan,

It’s not ideal but in this situation the most efficient solution is probably to do a hard reset of the device. Go to settings > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset. This will wipe your device so anything that you want to keep in terms of photos, videos, etc., you must backup before doing the reset.

Another app that is good for syncing iTunes to Android is DoubleTwist.

109. saeb abousaada says:

hello

on the top right hand corner of the s3 mini screen i always get an icon that looks like an eye flashing momentarily (next to the wifi connection icon). It like comes for a split second and leaves several times in a day. any ideas what it is? thanks sibi

• This is the phone detecting that you are looking at it still so it does not turn off the screen because you are still looking at the phone.

110. Hello, I want to attach a picture to my contact list for each person. But first of all i have to copy my contact list to my phone. But i dont know how to do that. I checked all the comments above and i saw that you have to go to your contacts, settings then show or copy the contacts across the phone, but there is no such things. when i did that, on the screen there is 4 options, which are only contact with phone…, sort list by…, display contacts by…, service numbers, contact sharing settings. i can’t see where to copy contacts. Please help.

Thank
    Jemima

• There should be an option somewhere. You may find it simplest to speak to your phone provider or Samsung for more detailed advice.

111. I’m travelling to the US soon. Is it safe to charge the Samsung 3 Mini there by just using a two pin adapter on the plug or do I also need to use a 120v converter? Thanks.

112. Yes I am connected to the internet its sends picture fine just not videos

113. I think someone sent a text from my s3 mini and deleted it. is there any way or retrieving it. Also texts deleted when the limit is reached can they be retrieved.

• As far as I am aware once a text has been deleted from the phone then it has been permanently removed from the onboard SMS database and cannot be retrieved.
      If you are concerned about SMS security and managing your messages then you may want to consider looking at the Google Play store for some third party SMS clients that offer you more control than the stock Samsung app

114. A lot of my friends with their s3 minis have a setting in which their phone vibrates as they type, how exactly do I turn this setting on? Thanks.

• Hello Simz, I don’t have an S3 Mini on hand tyo check but I believe the option should be in Settings > Sound > Haptic Feedback (or a similar option with vibration)
      If it is not here then it may be available from the keyboard options; you can find these by pressing the ‘cog’ icon on the keyboard.
      If there is not an option in either of these places then your friends may have installed a third party keyboard – check with them

115. Hi
    Is there anyway I can get my samsung 3 mini to ring for longer before it goes to answering service or I just miss the call ? I rarely get to it in such a short time.

• Hi Carole, answering services are controlled by the network provider, not the phone. Generally need to call into your voicemail and follow the instructions to change the settings.
      If you have any issue with this I would recommend contacting customer support for your network provider or visiting one of their high street branches

116. hi,,,,i am from maldives i have sumsung galaxy mini s3…i want to installed viber to my phone…but it say that item is not aviable for our country…. but my friend have same phone they can installed that…so what to do

117. Craig Nelson says:

I am having trouble setting up my email account on my new Galaxy s3 mini. It says my address or password are wrong when they are not.

118. Hi..i have bought a s3 mini last week from China..nt able to download facebook app from S-Suggest..pl help!!

119. Hi I have the samsung galaxy mini s3 and when I delete pictures from my camera they do not permanently delete it forms an album of all the pictures I took on the day regardless of if I deleted it from the camera album, and when i open the album in which the deleted picture is stored it does not give me the delete option… HELP!

• Is that album linked to dropbox or Google+ where you may have a backup of the photos?

120. how can i delete you tube searche history in samsung galaxy s3 mini

121. is is possible to set different ringtones to contact number

122. y i cant installed vibet to my sumsung galaxy mini s3 i 8190
    pls answer me…..

123. Hello,

I am having issues with the sound on my samsung mini, can’t listen to music or hear incoming calls. Does anyone has a reason why or a solution on how to fix this?

• Assuming the phone is not on silent and the volumes are all up then it sounds like it could be a faulty speaker/connection

124. alaaniya says:

i think i have deleted my msg icon…i have seen every where i didnt find it….is there any possibility that i can get it back that message icon

125. Hello. I watched youtube on how to change the message alert tone and it was easily understandable. But, on my s3 mini, i can’t find the folder named “media”. Please help me. Thanks

• If you go to into your file manager (or download one if you do not have) and look through the folders on your phone and there should be one there.

126. Kayla Covey says:

I saved this photo off of my email to text to a friend and it saved in my downloads folder. Although when I go to my files and my download folder, the photo is not there. However when I go to attach a photo to a text it still says it’s in the download folder. How do I get rid of it when I can’t find it on my phone, yet my phone says I still have it?

127. The contact photo does not appear when i received message. I have saved the image in my phone but still does not appear. Pls help.

128. is there no t9 on the samsung s3 mini?

129. hi,i’m ping
    may i ask something ?? i bought a s3 mini at last week , and u teach me how to disable the camera shutter sound ,because i can’t find any button in the setting ….how to i fix it ??

130. I bought my galaxy s3 mini GT-I8190 on the 2nd of this month of April in Dakar, Senegal, I could access internet using my Wi-Fi at home but after two days of having it, I couldn’t access the internet using Wi-fi and up till now, the problem continues.

I have read and tried a lot suggestions online, restore factory setting twice which seemed to have worked for some people facing the same problem, but didn’t work for me. It says connected but then internet not available. I tried using other Wi-Fi, they connected perfectly well and I was able to browse the internet.

To compound the issue more, my mobile data say more network error now than working when I’m trying to access the internet, which wasn’t happening before i did the last factory reset. I’m so fed up with this phone now and I think I will be returning it, if it continues like this. If there is any possible solution/suggestion from you help me, please!

• Sounds like you need to input your mobile data settings again.

• I have called my service provider (Expresso telecom), they told me like they did the first time, that I might need to come to their office as they don’t really have the configuration settings for my phone yet because it’s a new phone, that they will be doing it manually instead for my internet to work effectively. For me now, that’s secondary as I need the Wi-Fi to work more than the 3G+, even though I still have up to about 600mb data to expire on the 28th of this month. Do you have any solution to the Wi-Fi problem, please?

• Update: The suggestion that I should use static ip worked for me yesterday night after a long frustration, I have been trying it but it hasn’t worked but yesterday it worked even though it still notify me there is no internet available, I just ignored it, keep on browsing and it keep working. Here is what I did;

I went to Wi-Fi network pressed and held my network that I was already connected to but not working, until it brings “forget network” and “modify network config”, pressed on modify and it took me to the modification space, Then I changed IP settings from DHCP to Static and this is what I inputted:

IP address: 192.168.1.250
        Gateway: 192.168.1.1
        Network prefix length was already 24 so I left it the way it was.
        DNS1: 192.168.1.250
        DNS2: 8.8.8.8
        My security is WPA/WPA2 PSK, this wasn’t modified, there is no option to do this anyway unless in the router settings.

Note: the last digits of the IP address must be some odd numbers different from regular ones that ends with 10 or 11, so I chose 250 after having tried others like 175 and 145 before but didn’t work. I suggest whoever tries this, after inputting these info, should minimize the “Wi-Fi network” page by pressing the home key and open your browser, type in any website irrespective of the notification you get that there is “no internet available”, and see if it works or just keep trying until it works for you.

As for my mobile data not working efficiently and consistently enough, I’d be heading to their office today or tomorrow to get it worked out. Thank you!

131. Just bought the Samsung S3 mini and everything appears to be working well but when I went into About Device – Status – My Phone Number, I noticed that the phone number showing there isn’t mine (and is unobtainable). I turned it off – no change. I turned it off again and removed battery and sim card and still my number isn’t recognised in the phone.

When I call someone the correct number is showing.

How can I change that please?

• All be it this is odd, does it need to be changed, if you number is showing correctly when you ring someone?

132. I am concerned if it got stolen or lost that if I give my correct number this could be a problem. The IMEI is correct

• Didn’t you buy it brand new?

• Yes I did buy it brand new from the Amazon site from a supported retailer. It was a European version that was set up in French but that wasn’t a problem to change. It has the guarantee etc.

Today I went to the Play Store to pay for an app and of course it picked up the incorrect number which it will do each time I want to make a purchase, luckily not often but it may affect other purchases or actions.

Think I might need to speak to Samsung to see how I can change that. Otherwise I don’t have a problem with the phone.

• Go ahead and speak with Samsung, I’m sure they will be able to tell you why that is happening.

• Problem resolved when I logged in online for my mobile bill. That number belonged to the sim card I was given before I ported my number and apparently it can’t be changed unless starting again with phone and that is not guaranteed to work.

133. Hello, I have a problem with my S3 mini regarding alarm. When I set the alarm and switch my phone off, it won’t ring… Is this something possible to change in settings or do I have to keep my phone on?

134. Karen Harrison says:

I need to set up a record of my details that I can send in a text eg address phone number etc. How do I do this?

135. Darren211291 says:

When I charge my phone ( Samsung s2 mini ) and it reaches 92% a green battery shows on screen and it’s as if my phone is in sleep mode? Nothing works and also my alarms won’t go off in the morning when in this mode? Can any1 help please how can I stop this from happening?? Many thanks

136. Joe Cool says:

Can I install a screen protector? The manual says so otherwise….?

137. cant access ripple effect settings? please help!

138. ive had my S3mini for the past month and everything was fine. recently when I updated my watsapp I suddenly dont get any notifications if I get a message from watsapp. I havent changes any settings and have reinstalled watsapp 3 times and rebooted my phone but nothing works. its quite anoying cause now I constantly have to check if I got a new message. any ideas of what might be wrong?

• Have you checked if you deselected the notification in your whatsapp settings? Go to your whatsapp without pressing any contact to chat with, press menu key, go to settings, then ‘notification’ and see if you have deselected the notification for incoming messages.

139. I mean since you updated, it could be that the settings changed too. It’d be wise to check just to be sure. Do you get notification for your normal sms?

140. Hey when I play video it runs smooth but then it says: Play video data only.
    Do you know any way to fix audio?
    Thanks!

141. How to display only contact name without number

142. Just upgraded to this phone on Saturday and finding my way around – also a bit of a newbie to smart phones.
    I somehow synchronised my S3 photo gallery with my Facebook photo albums so they are now all showing on the phone. I discovered that I can delete albums local to the phone, but not any of the FB albums. Are the FB albums and pics therefore not stored on the phone – should I worry about them taking up too much memory space?
    Thanks!

• If you delete them from your phone it won’t delete from your facebook neither would the one you delete from facebook delete from your phone. I think you should unsync if you worry about the memory space. The option to unsync both photos and contact always pop each you sign in after signing out.

Learn more about this by pressing your menu key while on your facebook app, press settings then look down to ‘sync photos’, tap it you will see a demonstration of how to sync photos from your phone, on your right top corner, there is a Question mark (?), tap it and you will see all frequently asked questions, tap each one you are looking for an answer for and the answers are all there.

143. Brilliant, thank you ! :-)

144. I’m not getting notification through on my samsung galaxy s3 mini i have to go on it everyday and refresh it any ideas how i get it working please ??

145. I’m trying to upload a picture from my gallery to what’s app and Kik and everytime I select a pic it says the file I have chosen is not an image file? Can u help?

146. Yes my e mails I have to click on it an refresh it to get my emails

147. Hi, I just bought the new samsung s3 mini and stupidly left the recorder going and have filled my data in the gallery, however, everytime i try to now access the camera and gallery to delete this clip it says ‘not enough space. Delete unnessary items, such as downloaded software, pictures, videos and documents’ but then will not allow me to view the gallery and delete! Please help

• Rachel, Try connecting it to the computer as a mass storage device and accessing and deleting files that way.

148. Can I put a date onto my photos – so that it is printed on them when I transfer them off the phone to my computer?

• Not sure that there is such an option. The data is stored in the background so the computer will know what date is was taken. You can then organise the photos on the computer by date.

149. I can’t send out from my email address that I have put onto the phone. I can receive emails, but can’t send. Is there a setting that I have not used? My gmail account is fine, it can send and receive.

• It is likely to have something to do with the outgoing server settings for the email account you have added.

150. I have a yahoo (bt internet) email account. I set it up so can access on my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini however when i read the email on my PC it still shows as unread on my phone. how do i get it to sync properly with my email?

151. caroline says:

Just bought a galaxy s3 mini. Need to use it as a modem , tried connecting the phone to the computer and it just says on the old samsung Kies program :this phone cannot be tethered: help..really need to use it to connect to the internet…no other phone lines where I live!

• You can share the phones internet connection via WiFi. Go into setting on the S3 mini and activate hotspot. So of your computer has WiFi it can connect to this.

152. Hi, need your help with my new s3 mini
    . When text message,how do I switch between English n Chinese words? I hv set the language input to English n Mandarin,but can only write in English!

• There should be an icon to the left of the keyboad that allows you to change language

153. Yuliana Muliawan says:

Why my samsung galaxy s3 mini having troble with signal. Signal often got loss. No internet connection. But my husband’s samsung nexus with the same provider never got signal loss.
    Thx

• Yuilana, There may be a problem with the antenna, it may be worth getting it inspected by Samsung.

154. When I read part of an internet page and zoom in the article no longer fits on the screen, but the other day I almost dropped the phone whilst doing this, I don’t know what I pressed, whilst fumbling to catch it, but it fetched up a ‘reading pane’ and all parts of the web page adjusted to fit the screen, no matter how much I zoomed in. I just don’t know how I managed this and cant recreate it?? Anyone know what I did?

• If you double tap on the screen the page should zoom in or out and align text as best as possible to allow you to read it on screen.

155. When I try calling my fone frm anova fone it dont show up. How can I find my number?

• That is likely down to a setting whereby you are not showing your number/caller ID. Is it you do not know your own telephone number or you want others to be able to see your number when you call?

156. Have paired a Galaxy s3 mini with a Parrot v5.11C hands free unit but they will not work together.

My previous Samsung is still paired & working fine.

What am I missing out ? please.

• Philip, There are a whole range of potential issues but it sounds like a potential supported profiles issue. Have Parrot confirmed it works with Android phones?

157. Hi.. am a new user of Samsung S3 mini. Suppose to delete 2 photos from the gallery, and somehow there were no identications for the items to be deleted. Maybe i was fast and only then realized that the whole album was deleted. Is there any way of retrieving them.

158. Just upgraded my phone to Samsung galaxy s3 mini. When I am talking on phone it just switches off, any ideas why? They can hear me or i can hear them but we can’t talk! HELP

Hi Jenni,

Does the power go off completely or is the screen just powering off?

• The call ends. I have to recall the number. Someone has suggested my cheek could be terminating the call! How?

• It’s the screen powering off but we can’t hear each other! Confused :(

• It is normal for the screen to power off during the call but for it to end is unusual. Test it by holding the phone a little further away from your face. If the call does not end, then it could be your cheek pressing on the screen and ending the call.

159. i want to know if the samsung galaxy s3 mini has a feature of turning screen/keypad off during calls. because everytime it touches my cheek my calls are dropped or my caller cannot hear me anymore or other items appear on the screen like the keypad, application,contacts and the like.. what do i do? this is driving me crazy..please help..thanks.

• Yes, the proximity sensor turns the screen off when near to your face.

• I had this problem as above and this is what someone told me to do and it seems to have worked! Fingers crossed.

From the home screen:

Press the phone icon
        Press the menu button – call settings
        Scroll down to turn off screen during calls

Toggle that and try it

Good luck :)

160. My samsung S3 talks and vibrates the whole time. I cannot unlock the phone at all I only hear the voice the whole time. I cannot receive any calls. This is very annoying. Please help.

161. How do you make the phone to call for longer before it goes to voicemail? It doesnt ring long enough for me to answer incoming calls!

162. I have just downloaded Facebook onto my s3,but how do I stop notifications to my phone??

The Facebook app can be frustrating; sometimes I find that it will turn notifications back on itself after I’ve used the app to send a message. To turn notifications off, you need to click the menu button (the three horizontal lines top left), scroll down and click account, then go to app settings and within there you can turn off notifications.

• You need to go into Facebook setting and alter this on your phone.

163. ray keane says:

i have a galaxy s3 mini that is open to all networks and when i put my sim in i can make/take calls and texts but after a while all i could do is text all calls were stopped on and out going

164. Katie Murphy says:

hello i am trying to get delivery reports when sending sms messages. i have gone to messages then settings then option delivery reports. i have ticked that box so i can receive reports but i am still not receivng the reports. what else can i do so i can get the delivery reports????

165. After my Samsung Galaxy sIII mini did a software update, the ripple effect is gone and i cannot change the font size on my calenders. Can someone help please

166. Hi,
    is whatsapp messenger compatible with the Samsung Grand Duos Smartphone i9082 and the Samsung I8190 Galaxy S3 mini?

167. I can’t acesss Google Play Store in my samsung s3mini.Please,help me.

168. how can i put a contact on my phones email address and telephone number together so that all the info is in one? why is all the contacts put on twice email in one and the telephone number and other things in one but not the email address? How can I put all the info in one?

• Under the settings for each contact you can link the duplicate contacts to make one, or edit one contact on your phone to have bother the number and email address under that one contact.

169. My S3 mini will turn off automatically when i did not used it for maybe 2 hours…..how to change the settings so it wont turn off automatically……TQ

Hi Don,

Is the entire handset powering off or only the screen? The handset should not be turning itself off.

170. hey … so my whatsapp has stopped working on my Samsung s3 mini – the version is too old.
    I have been trying to download a new version, through the play world and internet but it just says downloading with no percentage and eventually gives me an error. soooo frustrated – please help! Thanks

• try re-starting your phone and downloading over wifi is you are not already.

171. the entire handset powering off….so what do you think is causing problem..???

172. how do i stop the EE sim menu from moving every time i download a new app?

173. there is nothing wrong with the battery..it seems normal

• You are best off speaking to Samsung or whoever you purchased the phone from. Something doesn’t sound right. Our only other thought is that the phone is getting too hot and turning itself off as a result.

174. Hi!. just bought S3 Mini, Im having problem on how to change my phone themes. I already install everything but when I try to change my theme it nothing is happening. Most especially on the sms part.
    tnx

• So you can see the themes on the phone and you select them but nothing happens? Are these themes already on the phone or ones you have installed yourself?

175. the prob seems has been solve since i reinstall it…..Anyway thanks for the help….N what is the best antivirus for S3 mini…???

176. Salomy says:

Hi…am having samsung glaxy s3 mini…i opend gmail account and i do not know to sing out. please help me to singn out…

Hi,

There is not a simple way to sign out of gmail – you will need to sign out of the Google account that you have connected to the device.

Why do you wish to sign out of the account; perhaps there is an easier work around?

User-Manual-Pop-Up