Smartphone security just got serious.
If you own a laptop or computer it is probably fair to say that you have some form of anti-virus software or internet security software on it to protect you against unwanted threats.
Do you do the same on your smartphone? Possibly not.
In June 2012 there was over 150,000 downloads from Google Play Store of 2 applications which were malicious, before they were removed. The application was designed to send SMS messages from infected smartphones to a premium-rate number before uninstalling itself. Imagine being a victim of such a scam. (Source: Mobile Security)
Here is where Norton Mobile Security (NMS) comes in. It would have scanned and picked up that the app was not what it suggested.
Keep the stuff on your mobile devices protected. You store a lot of important content on your mobile device – email, contacts, photos and more. But bad things happen. You can protect your privacy, secure against online threats and even locate your mobile if stolen, by using Norton Mobile Security – giving you power against threats to your mobile life. What’s more, it’s easy to use and won’t affect the speed of your mobile device.
Norton Mobile Security turns the prospect of all mobile related security a lot less daunting. One app that does it all. A simple setup and configuration and simple on-going use.
Features of Norton Mobile Security:
- Remote Locate – Shows you the location of your phone via Web or SMS, so you can find it if it’s lost or stolen.
- Remote Lock – Lets you remotely lock your lost or stolen phone via Web or SMS to prevent strangers from seeing your private Stuff or running up your mobile bill.
- Remote Wipe – Lets you remotely erase the Stuff on your phone via SMS if it’s lost or stolen, including any data on the phone’s memory card.
- Web-based Lost Notice – Displays a customisable message to anyone who finds the missing device, so you can make arrangements to get it back.
- Call & Text Blocker – Allows you to block calls and text messages from specific people or phone numbers.
- Buddy List – Lets you identify certain trusted contacts (friends or family) who can send an unlock code to your phone.
- Anti-phishing Web Protection – Blocks fraudulent (phishing) websites. Protects your device and your Stuff on mobile networks and Wi-Fi connections, without slowdowns or interruptions.
- Download Threat Protection – Automatically scans all the apps and app updates you download to your mobile device for threats.
- Norton Community Watch – Collects information volunteered by millions of Norton users to spot new threats faster, identify safe files, and provide stronger, more efficient protection.
- “Scream Locator” – Lets you send a text to your missing phone to set off a “Scream”, so you can find it fast.
Or if you prefer here is a video explaining the product:
That is quite a few features but how does it compare to competing products, bearing in mind the Norton is the most expensive at £30 inclusive of VAT when sold at full retail price.
We have had a bit of hands on time, and have put together a demonstration video of some of the features, you can watch it below:
For more information, or to pick up your copy of Norton Mobile Security for your Android phone, then just CLICK HERE.