The more powerful a smartphone the more power it needs. Whilst Sony have optimised battery usage as best as possible, it is sometimes down to the user to make changes to ensure you get the best battery life possible from your device, especially if you are away from power for a period of time. Here are some suggestions of what you could do.
- When you are not using the internet, you can save power by disabling all data connections over mobile networks.
- Turn off GPS, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when you don’t need these features.
- Set your synchronisation applications to synchronise manually.
- Check the battery usage menu in the phone to see which applications use the most power.
- Close and exit applications that you are not using.
- Lower the screen display brightness level.
- Turn off your phone or use Airplane mode if you are in an area with no network coverage.
- Use a Sony original handsfree device to listen to the music.
- Keep your phone in standby whenever possible.
- Live wallpaper is set as default background, so you can change it to static background, which can help to save battery
To make life easier you could use a SmartTag to automate the process for you.