You have made the decision that Windows Phone is the operating system of choice for you.
But you haven’t settled on the handset. Well assuming you are not wishing to spend over £300 (including VAT) or £250 (excluding VAT) then the Nokia 710 and ZTE Tania should be considered, But there are a few differences.
What are they? The key, influential differences in making your decision are as follows:
- The Tania is cheapest at £199 inclusive of VAT whilst the Lumia is at the £300 price mark. These can of course change but what is key is that the Tania is approximately £100 cheaper than the Nokia.
- The Tania has only a 1GHZ processor compared to the 1.4GHz of the Lumia.
- The Nokia has 8GB of internal memory in comparison to the 4GB on the Tania.
- The 3.7” screens of the 710 is dwarfed by the Tania’s 4.3”.
- The Tania has the largest battery, but not by much.
- The Lumia is about 25g lighter but consider the extra screen size on the Tania.
- The 710 has Nokia music, maps and Drive which is a benefit when it comes to navigation using the GPS, the Tania relies on Bing maps.
It is a tricky decision. If money isn’t an issue, the Nokia is the better option whilst those on a tighter budget or not worried about less memory should opt for the Tania.
The Lumia does offer a better navigation experience, but if you have a standalone sat nav in your car this is unlikely to be an issue so the Tania might be your device of choice.
And finally if you are influenced by celebrities, Professor Green uses the Tania!
The image below gives a full comparison of the 2 handsets in terms of their specification.