Which Windows Phone to go for, there are a few choices but they are all so similar?!!
Microsoft have to date limited the amount of customisation that a manufacturer can apply and too limited the hardware support so if you have decided on the OS, but need to now choose the phone, which one will you go for?
But what are the differences? The key, influential differences in making your decision are as follows:
- The Lumia and Omnia are at the £300 (inclusive of VAT) price mark. These prices can of course change but such a similar price suggests there is not much difference between the two devices.
- Both have 1.4GHz processors – the fastest on Windows Phones.
- Both have 8GB of internal memory.
- They both have 3.7” screens, but it is a WVGA screen on the 710 and a Super AMOLED on the W, so it will appear brighter.
- The Omnia W has DLNA.
- Both have 5 megapixel cameras.
- The Omnia W has the largest battery at 1500mAh, but not by much. The 710 is 1300mAh and the extra bright screen may draw on the power.
- The Omnia W is the lightest, there isn’t much in it though, just 10g.
- The 710 has Nokia music, maps and Drive which is a benefit when it comes to navigation using the GPS. The Omnia uses Bing maps.
It is a tricky decision choosing between the Omnia W and the 710. It comes down to small detail,s specifically the added value Nokia applications against the slightly lighter Omnia W with a brighter display. It is a case of which is most important to you.
The image below gives a full comparison of the 2 handsets in terms of their specification.