Only last week we brought you part one of Murray’s review, he is now back with part two which looks in depth at the entertainment and media of the device.
The summary of the review (if you do not want to read it all can be found below), but if you want to get the whole story then CLICK HERE.
So after all that, how do I judge the Galaxy Note as an entertainment device?
Overall I think the Note is unsurpassed in terms of sheer entertainment, but like any device not without issues here and there.
Let’s break it down into bullet points for you:
- The Note is as good as it gets for browsing on a mobile device
- For video playback it also sets the new high bar for mobiles
- Likewise for browsing it becomes the new standard against which others will be measured, and it will be interesting to see how it fares Vs the Galaxy Nexus and Android’s latest version of the browser in only a few days time
- As a music player it doesn’t fare quite so well, for most it will be adequate after the purchase of a third party player (I recommend PowerAMP), but audiophiles will have to look elsewhere, or commit to having a second device dedicated to music playback
- For gaming the Note is good, and even has the makings of greatness, but it isn’t there yet and may suffer from some developer indifference on account of it’s niche nature