ZTE Skate hands on!

We have managed to get hold of a pre-production model of the ZTE Skate and have created a quick device tour.

We should see stock of these products mid-late September with a price point expected somewhere around £230 inclusive of VAT!

Key features include:

• 4.3” WVGA capacitive touchscreen
  • Android 2.3
  • 5 megapixel camera with LED flash
  • 3G/HSDPA
  • WiFi
  • GPS
  • MicroUSB connectivity

Comments

1. Humberto Patricio says

Good intro to the device!! One question: is it supposed to have NFC ??
    Br.

2. karnka says

I played with an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) not long ago and was fairly impressed with it. Remarkable piece of kit for the price.

There was however one thing about it that made it feel a bit behind the (far far more expensive) competition. The sensitivity of the touch screen was just not quite what I expected / was used to.

How was this with the Skate?

• says

To be honest the screen sensitivity was not as good as the more expensive competition. It was less responsive, and occasionally i needed to do something twice but all in all it was not bad. I hate to bring everything back to price as I am a firm believer in that price should not be the ultimate decide but when you consider this, then this is fantastic!

More to the point if you have not used the more expensive devices then you have nothing to compare it too!

• karnka says

Sounds about what I expected.

Entirely agree with you that it’s fairly amazing what ZTE achieve at the price points they work at. I just wonder if this is something they could address in future handsets.

Anyway, look forward to having a play with one during the no doubt exclusive Orange ‘Monte Carlo’ period.

• says

I hope that in 2012 they make one that is a bit more expensive, with a bit more guts and processing power but retain the low price.

3. iain says

no way is this worth £230 masive fail if they price it at that it needs to be the same price as the blade/san fran (£100) because it is just the same hardware apart from the screen.