Huawei has this morning announced a new 7” Android 3.2 tablet named the MediaPad. This follows up last years release of the Huawei S7, which was one of the first Android tablets to be released in the UK.
Going by the images that have been released, it looks like a nicely designed piece of kit and offers a decent set of hardware specs. As of yet no UK release date has been confirmed, although going by the delays the Huawei S7 had coming to market in the UK, we’re not holding our breath on this one.
What’s different about the MediaPad that it will run Android 3.2, which Huawei tells us is essentially the same as Gingerbread 3.1, but designed specifically for 7” tablets. Engadget suggests the MediaPad is scheduled for a Q3 release in the US, we’ll update if/when we hear anything about a UK release.
• Android Honeycomb 3.2 OS
• 7-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
• 10.5mm (0.4 inches) slim, ~390g weight (0.86 pounds)
• 1.3 MP front-facing camera, 5 MP auto focus rear facing camera with HD video recording capabilities
• HSPA+ 14.4 Mbps, WiFi 11n
• Dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm processor
• Over 6 hours battery life
• 1080P full HD playback and HDMI port
• Flash 10.3
• Let’s Golf
• Document to go