We have just had word that stock of the Motorola FLIPOUT will be arriving next Tuesday! This is a somewhat unique device from Motorola, a smartphone that’s bound to make you stand out from the crowd.
Last week the price was confirmed at just £199 + VAT and we posted a hands-on video made with a pre-release handset.
So what’s different about the FLIPOUT?
- The Flip mechanism – this particular style of flip mechanism is the first in a smartphone and does work very well. As soon as you’ve got the device in your hands, you’ll be flipping it back and forth, before trying to perfect the movement as you answer a call.
The low price point – £199 + VAT for an Android handset that has so much to offer and such a fantastic design really is a bargain.
The changeable covers – The retail package of the FLIPOUT will include a black and a white cover, but we are expecting a pack containing blue, orange and purple covers to be available very soon.
Motoblur – Motorola’s proprietary software organises your friends, messages, social network updates and more with continuous updates and backups.
The rest of the FLIPOUT features at a glance are:
- Enhanced MOTOBLUR with more customization
- CrystalTalk Plus Noise Cancellation Technology
- Compact pivoting touch screen design
- QWERTY Keyboard with separate number row
- Multi-Touch Support
- Battery Manger
- Android 2.1 (Éclair)