It’s official the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 has been announced today.
Completely skipping the expected generations of X3-9 the X10 must be something very special!
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will be the first device to launch with Sony Ericssons new UX platform that will eventually roll across the product range and will in time develop with more features. Based on Google Android, the X10 will have many smartphone fans hearts racing right now.
We will bring you the full specs soon, but some of the stand out features of this device include:
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 processor
- 8.1 megapixel camera with up to 16 x digital zoom and auto focus.
- Bluetooth Stereo (A2DP), Playnow & TrackID for the music on the mobile fans
- Web – Google search from standby, web feeds and WebKit web browser.
- Email, Microsoft Exchange Active Sync, MMS & SMS.
- Location based services: A-GPS, Google Maps & WisePilot navigation (free trial).
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5 Audio Jack & Micro USB connector.
- 4.0 inch touch screen, 480 x 854 pixels (WVGA) and scratch resistant.
- Google Android Donut, version 1.6 operating system
- Up to 1GB of internal phone memory.
- 8GB Memory card included in package
Shipments are expected to begin in the first quarter of 2010. There is no word on price or which colours will come to the UK as yet for the Xperia X10.